Amongst the various types of Singapore visas and work permits, Singapore employment pass is the most preferred options for employees as well as entrepreneurs looking to re-locate to Singapore. For foreigners who wants to re-locate for company incorporation in Singapore find this an alternative, in comparison to Entre Pass.
The Employment Pass allows foreign professionals, managers and executives to work in Singapore. In this post, complete details about Singapore employment pass are provided, including key facts, eligibility requirements, and procedure of obtaining Singapore employment pass as well as tips for assured and faster approval.
By following this mini-guide, you should be able to understand all that you need to know about obtaining Singapore employment pass and shall as well be able to submit as well as get approval of your application.
Important facts about Singapore employment pass:
- The Singapore employment pass is for foreign professionals with a job offer in Singapore who meet the eligibility criteria, which will share further below.
- An employer or employment agent can apply in behalf of candidate
- Fixed monthly salary of at least $3,600 is mandatory (more experienced candidates need higher salaries)
- The duration of the pass is up to 2 years for first-time candidates and up to 3 years for renewals
Eligibility requirements for Singapore employment pass:
Only the candidates who are eligible with the requirements are allowed to submit application and therefore it is important for employers to read carefully reading and understand the eligibility criteria of Singapore employment pass is extremely critical.
Note that the changes have been done in the requirements from January 2017. From 1 January 2017, new EP applicants will have to earn a fixed monthly salary of $3,600 or more, depending on their qualifications and experience. Older, more experienced applicants are expected to command higher salaries to qualify, in line with their work experience and skills sets.
Foreign professionals who meet the following requirements are eligible:
- Have a job offer in Singapore.
- Work in a managerial, executive or specialized job.
- Earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $3,600 (more experienced candidates need higher salaries).
- Have acceptable qualifications, usually a good university degree, professional qualifications or specialist skills.
The application is open to people from all nations.
Documents required for Singapore employment pass:
There are certain documents that are mandatory to provide while submitting the application for Singapore employment pass.
Following documents are required:
You will need these documents to apply for an Employment Pass:
- Personal particulars page of the candidate’s passport.
- Company’s latest business profile or instant information registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
- Candidate’s educational certificates, e.g. degree certificate.
For non-English documents, you must submit the original document and an English translation. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.
The authorities may ask for other documents when your application is reviewed. This may vary on case-to-case basis.
How to apply for Singapore employment pass:
The Singapore employment pass cannot be directly applied by candidate. Either an Employer or appointed employment agent (EA) are allowed to apply the same in his/her behalf. For employers, do take note that the job opening post may need to be advertised on the Jobs Bank website prior to applying for the employment pass.
The Application of Singapore employment pass can be submitted online or manually as per convenience. The status of an already submitted application can be checked online.
Following are the brief steps required for applying:
1. Submit an application
2. Receive In-principle approval letter or rejection letter
3. Get the pass issued
4. Register fingerprint and photo (if required)
5. Receive the card
Tips for approval of Singapore employment pass:
Rejection of Singapore employment pass application is not uncommon. There are various reasons that may cause the rejection of your application, however here are some general tips that should make the procedure easier and faster:
-Ministry of manpower (MOM) has an official Self-assessment tool
That can be used before applying in order to determine whether or not the candidate qualifies
- If the application is rejected, fret not. Check the rejection advisory carefully and find out the steps required to be taken including any additional information that might be asked.
- Submit an appeal correcting the required errors and taking steps in accordance with rejection advisory in case the application has been approved.
Precursor provides end-to-end advice, consultancy and support that you might need for getting the Singapore employment pass either for yourself or your employees. With an award winning team of industry experts, years of proven track record and portfolio of serving several established companies, Precursor can help you solving your business challenge no matter what stage you’re at.
Learn more how we can Help